- 1 cup all purpose | plain flour, (140g | 4.9oz)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or sweetener, (40g | 1.4oz)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk, (190ml, plus more as needed)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, (40g | 1.4oz)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp @theorganiclabs Butterfly Pea and Organic Pink Pitaya powder
Combine together the flour, sugar (or sweetener), baking powder and salt in a large-sized bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the milk, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla and egg.
Use a wire whisk to whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly folding them into the dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth and lump-free. Add 1-2 extra tablespoons of milk if needed to just slightly thin out the batter. You don't want to it too runny.
Let your pancake batter sit for about 5 minutes while heating a nonstick pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly grease with a little butter or cooking oil (see notes).
Pour pancake batter into a squeezable condiment/sauce bottle. (Alternatively, use a ziplock bag: cut a tiny hole on an angle in the bottom corner of the bag to pipe out the batter.)
Squeeze small dots of batter onto HOT greased pan. Cook until the tops form bubbles and look set/dry. Flip with a spatula and cook until golden on the undersides, about a further 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly greasing your pan between each batch.
Serve with maple syrup, honey, fruit, ice cream, frozen yoghurt, or enjoy plain!
- To make it colourful separate the batter in two batches and add our colorful superfoods !