Vegan Butterfly Pea Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup of dates (soaked)
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cups cashews (left soaking overnight)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp @theorganiclab.eu Butterfly pea powder
- 1 tsp @theorganiclab.eu Blue Spirulina powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1) Blend the dates until you create a date paste. Add oats and maple syrup to the paste. The resulting mix should be firm but sticky. Press this onto a flat surface and freeze. It is best to leave this in the freezer for a few hours.
2) Blend the soaked cashews in a high-speed blender.
3) In a pan, bring the coconut milk to a high heat. Add the agar agar and bring to boil for a minute while constantly stirring. Leave to cool for 2 minutes and add the powders.
4) Add the coconut mixture to the blender and blend with the cashews. Add maple syrup and vanilla for sweetness.
5) Leave the mixture to cool and set. We used a tray with these rectangle shapes, but you could use a baking tin. After the bars had cooled we removed them and cut the base for them to sit on. Equally, you could use a baking tin with around 3cm high walls, leave the base to set in there, add the coconut mixture, and then cut out each slice once cooled.