- 1 cup dates (soaked for 10 minutes)
- 2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp agar agar
- 1 tbsp @theorganiclab.eu acai powder
- 1 tbsp @theorganiclab.eu beetroot powder
1) Blend the dates until you create a paste. Add oats and syrup to the paste. The resulting mix should be firm but sticky. Press this onto a flat surface and freeze. It is best to leave this in the freezer for a few hours.
2) Blend the soaked cashews in a high-speed blender.
3) In a pan, bring the coconut milk to a high heat. Add the agar agar and bring to boil for a minute while constantly stirring. Leave to cool for 2 minutes and add the powders and agave syrup.
4) Add the coconut mixture to the blender and blend.
5) Leave the mixture to cool and set. We used a tray with these rectangle shapes, but you could use a baking tin. After the bars had cooled we removed them and cut the base for them to sit on. Equally, you could use a baking tin with around 3cm high walls, leave the base to set in there, add the coconut mixture, and then cut out each slice once cooled.