- Thoroughly rinse and drain the rice under cold water 3 times, then add it to a saucepan with 330ml (11.2 fl.oz) of cold water. Bring to the boil, then cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave it to sit with the lid on for 25 minutes.
- Remove lid from the rice and transfer to a large mixing bowl, then stir in the rice vinegar, sugar and salt and The Organic Labs Superfoods in each separated Batch. Then leave the rice to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, peel the beetroot and avocado, then julienne all of the vegetables (slice them thinly).
- Now it’s time to construct the sushi. First pour cold water into a small bowl and leave the bowl to one side. Place a sheet of nori on top of a sushi rolling mat (rough side up and smooth side down), then wet your fingers in the cold water and use your hands to transfer 1/3 of the rice on top of the nori. Carefully spread the rice out evenly on top of the nori, leaving a 2-3 cm (1 inch) space at the top.
- Place 1/3 of each vegetable on top of the rice along one row, approximately 1/4 of the way up the nori. Then pick up the bottom end of the sushi mat and tightly roll the nori.
- Transfer the sushi roll to a chopping board and use a sharp bread knife to slice into rolls approximately 2cm (2/3 inch) in width.
- Serve the sushi rolls on a plate alongside the soy sauce wasabi and pickled ginger. Yum!